This weekend I had it out with one of my coaches. I am such a big believer that it’s important that you have someone in your life that stands for you to be your best self. My coaches haven’t let up for the last 18 months and I appreciate them so much. Long story short we discovered that I am all about my feelings. Not that I am emotional, but I have let my feeling dictate what actions I take. I hadn’t even realized it!
When I exercise, when I race,yeah, sometimes it sucks! But I am so committed to crossing the finish line that I don’t entertain those feelings. My hips hurt, my feet hurt, so what! I have a race to finish. I don’t relate to my business in the same way. In fact, I have let feelings of “I don’t want to bother them” with a sales call, or “it doesn’t feel right to call at X time” stop me from taking any action when the truth is all those “feelings” were simply in my mind. And because I started to treat my business like that, it started showing up in my body as “It doesn’t feel like the right time to workout” and “unless I have that gadget, I guess I won’t go today”.
REMEMBER, the way you treat your body shows up in your business and vise versa!
So this week is about getting through the feelings to action in every part of my life including my exercise routine and my business.
- Prioritize what is important to you. What is the vision of what you want to create.
- Create a plan of action. This is a non-negotiable plan of attack to get what is important to you and have your vision realized.
- GET TO WORK ON THE PLAN! This is the most important step. Acknowledge your feelings, HOWEVER stick to the plan you put in place to create the life you want.
- Get support. Coaches, mentors, honest good friends, masterminds, accountability buddies… Get someone who will stand for you to be your best self.
- Consistency Consistency Consistency. It’s about creating a routine and momentum around the life you want.