I have been traveling this week for a client. The hardest part of traveling and working is keeping harmony with everything that has to get done. I used to believe that life was about creating a perfect balance between all the things that are important to you. I have come to learn that their is a art to balance that doesn’t always look equal. In fact, sometimes to get to what is important to you,you have to adjust! More energy to some places then others to really create a life you always imagined. Instead of thinking about perfect balance, life is about creating harmony among all thats important to you.
I ran around and took care of my clients during my travel to California and I really looked at what was important to me. I’m an athlete and a business owner. A cat mom and a daughter. This event was all about client fulfillment. It was my number one priority, but I knew that to take care of the client, I also had to make sure I was at my best. The first day I woke up early to get a little workout in. I was jet lagged and tired but I moved my body with a little run. The rest of the mornings were so early that I had to prioritize my health by getting rest, allowing my body to recover and eat properly.
This week really is about looking at where you are spending your energy, especially as it relates to your business, your career, your family and your health especially as you travel. Its about choosing where you spend your time with power. Below are the 5 ways to bring balance and harmony to yourself.
- Look ahead. What do you want to create in your life. This past week I was clear that I wanted to create happy clients and connect with people that will help me further my business. I saw that a few days of focusing there would help me in the future. As you look at the action steps of your day, your week and your month, keep in mind that sometimes you’ll have to do more today so you can have more tomorrow.
- Take action. Stay committed to what you are after and no matter what take action on it, even if it is just a small action. I had only a few minutes each day while I was away to spend exercising with myself but I made efforts to get in movement when I could. I ran/walked one day, I made sure I danced a few minutes each day and I used my essential oils when I needed them. Even the small things make a big difference because it means you are adding consistency into your life.
- Permission. Sometimes you can only do what you can do! That means sometimes you just have to give yourself permission to go with the flow. I brought my bathing suit and some triathlon gear hoping to get some workout in. There just wasn’t time like I had planned. Its just not helpful to feel bad or torture yourself about it. Instead give yourself permission to give yourself the chance to choose powerfully.
- Plan out and schedule. Make sure you actually plan out the things that are important to you so that they actually get done. One thing to add especially if you work hard is to Play hard! Rest and recovery is essential to keeping harmony so you can perform at your peak efficiency.
- Time is precious. Even though my week was focused, I used the opportunity the to get some things done. I couldn’t have done that without a plan. I used as many opportunities as I could to actually get some things accomplished so that I could maintain balance and harmony. Its not easy but if you plan it right, you’ll be able to get done more than you think.
Remember that balance doesn’t always have to look the way you think it does. Balance is about creating harmony so you can UP your life! Get clear this week and share with us what is important to you! Join us in the UP Group and share!